Sunday, December 11, 2011

Isn't It Crazy...

It is crazy to think how far technology has come in the past 10 years or even the past 5 years. I remember begging my parents for a cell phone when I was in high school, which wasn't too long ago. I finally got my wish, after creating an extensive list on the reasons for needing a cell phone.I was given an all black flip phone with an LED display, I loved it. Then text messaging was starting to become a big thing, I said I would never fall into that money trap of charging 10 cents a message. "Ha ha, I'm on to you you capitalist phone companies (Sprint)." Then I received my first text message a year after I got my phone, then it went down hill from there. I was in class and I felt a familiar buzzing, and I thought to myself who would be calling me now? So I slyly pulled out my phone and checked it, it was a text message from my friend asking to go to lunch with me. Knowing she was in class I thought I'll take the 10 cent fall and answer back and that will be the end of it. Oh no it wasn't. She replied back, asking where we were going to go for lunch. "Nowhere if you keep replying to these messages, I will be broke," but I didn't say that, I am too nice. 20 messages later we actually meet in person and have our lunch. 20x.10 = 2.00$ I was ok with that, if it had ended there. Word got around that I had text messaging and so I started to receive more and more, bad idea. At the end of the month when the bill came around, I heard a familiar sound. (paper ripping) What the %$#@ **** Get In Here !!! UH OH, it caught up to me. "What is this 100$ charge on our phone bill?" Well you see its (Long drawn out explanation)...and that is where babies come from. Oh wait wrong story :). I ended up having to front the bill and pay for my sins against the technology god. Then as a family we decided to get unlimited text messaging. That was the beginning of the end, I rarely use my new smart phone (Eventually I had to upgrade duh) for calling anymore, and now I pay my bill. -93.00$ (capitalist bastards) and I text more often then not. My phone is literally glued to my hand, disgusting I know. The reason for this flashback story is that I downloaded an app to post to this blog and I decided to try it out. This is the first and last time I will write a full post from my 5x3 inch life sucking of a device. It is way to much typing for my thumbs.

Til Next Time
JR 

No comments:

Post a Comment